Your holiday summary
Art & archaeology
Special interest holidays
Make your own way
|Price range||From £733|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6737
Painting holiday in the Languedoc region of France
- Seven nights / eight days accommodation in a twin en-suite bedroom
- Singles will be allocated a twin for sole occupancy where available, where not available, singles will have their own private room with a shared bathroom
- Breakfast and a light lunch daily
- Dinner daily taken either in a local restaurant with the group or at the artists home
- Painting tuition throughout the week from artist David Painting tuition runs on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday’s from 9am to 1pm and again after lunch from 2.30pm to 5.30pm
- Painting equipment to use during your course – easels, drawing boards, lightweight folding chairs, basic materials (please bring with you your favourite medium, brushes, pencils, sketchpad and if you are working in watercolour and pad of gummed-edge good quality paper)
- Any transport to and from painting locations (although most are within walking distance)
Arrive and check-into your room anytime after 2pm (earlier arrivals are possible but rooms won’t usually be ready to check-in to until after 2pm). Once you’ve settled in, you may wish to relax at the house or take the time to walk around the town to explore before starting your painting lessons the next morning. In the evening relax with the group, David and his wife Sally to discuss the plan for the week over a glass of wine before your evening meal at the house.
Days two to seven
Painting from 9am-1pm and 2.30pm-5.30pm Sunday to Friday Note: David does not teach on Saturdays so this will be a day off and guests often visit the Saturday market in town or the museum/art gallery instead, you can of course continue your painting yourself during the day. Please note that if you arrive on Sunday to Thursday you will only have a total of five days of painting lessons. After breakfast, most days start with short technical demonstrations, David does not paint a scene and then expect you to copy his style. Then you’ll either work in the studio or garden or you’ll head off to any one of a dozen local scenes waiting for you to paint, breaking for a light lunch of course. No matter how many paintings you complete, David guarantees that you will go home with a fresh way of looking at colour, form and composition and of thinking about painting. In the evenings take dinner at the house or at a local restaurant with the group
After breakfast, it’s time to check-out of your room ready for departure.
The house now operates as a B&B as well as providing accommodation to painting holiday guests so you’ll meet people not only on the painting holiday but those passing through and staying as B&B guests. There are a mix of twin, double and single rooms on offer, all twin/double rooms are ensuite and painting guests are allocated these rooms where available. Single travellers will be allocated a twin/double room with ensuite where available, otherwise a private single room with shared bathroom (max two people sharing a bathroom) will be allocated. There is a lounge area to relax as well as lovely gardens with shrubs and fruit trees that leads down to the river. Wi-fi is available in the whole house and garden. Your hosts have two labrador dogs who are sometimes in the house but never allowed in the bedrooms.
Check in on day 1 anytime after 2pm and check out on day 8 by 11am
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6737.