Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £799|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
Catalonia: Barcelona and the Costa Brava
This is a tour of contrasts: the Gothic and Modernist splendour of Barcelona, the dramatic monastery at Montserrat, Girona with its Moorish influences and delightful old town (perfect for a delicious dinner), Figueres, renowned as the home of Salvador Dali, as well as the lesser known sights such as Vic on market day when its impressive town square bustles with life, the hilltop village of Peratallada, Roman remains at Empúries, Ripoll, St Joan and Olot.
- Return Eurostar and TGV trains from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Figueres via Paris including coach transfer in Paris
- 7 nights' accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis at the 4-star Meliá Hotel, Girona, based on shared occupancy of a twin room
- Three course set dinner on the first night
- Entrance to the Dali Museum in Figueres
- Transfers and full touring itinerary conducted by tour manager
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls
- Porterage and gratuities
Day 2: Full day exploring Girona.
Day 3: Full day to Barcelona.
Day 4: Full day tour to Montserrat.
Day 5: Free day to explore Girona at your leisure.
Day 6: Full day to Peratallada, Empúries and Figueres with entrance to the Dali Museum.
Day 7: Full day tour visiting Vic, Ripoll, and Sant Joan de les Abadesses.
Day 8: Return transfer to Figueres for TGV to Paris and onwards to Ebbsfleet and St Pancras.
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion.
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 49 passengers.
This modern, 4-star hotel is set back from the main road into Girona, about 4-5 bus stops or 5 minutes by taxi from the old town. Facilities include bar, restaurant (with reasonably-priced daily set menu) and very comfortable bedrooms with all modern facilities.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
This was an excellent size of group. Sandra McGill was an exceptionally well informed and helpful leader. Four different locations (i.e. Olot etc. in one day is too many and does not allow you to have a real impression of each place.