Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £799|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
The Black Forest
Staying in the traditional Black forest town of Uhlingen-Birkendorf at the rustic Hotel Sonnenhof and Sonnhalde, you will visit Freiburg, Lake Titisee, Konstanz, Lake Constance, Basel, Freudenstadt, Schiltach, the Black Forest Open Air Museum, cuckoo clock capital Triburg, the Rheinfall and Stein am Rhein.
- Return Eurostar and TGV trains from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Mulhouse via Paris including coach transfer in Paris
- 6 nights' accommodation on a four-course dinner, bed and breakfast basis at the 3-star Hotel Sonnenhof & Sonnhalde, based on shared occupancy of a twin room
- Transfers and full touring itinerary conducted by tour manager
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, etc
- Porterage and gratuities
PLEASE NOTE: As with most trains, passengers are responsible for carrying baggage onto and off the train. Baggage can be stored on overhead shelves or at the entrance to the carriages. Trollies are available at St Pancras and Paris, but bags do need to be carried on to the platform.
Day 2: Full day in the Black Forest, visiting Freiburg and Lake Titisee.
Day 3: Full day tour to Meersburg, Konstanz and Lake Constance.
Day 4: Full day to Basel.
Day 5: Full day in the Black Forest, visiting Schiltach, the Black Forest Open Air Museum and Triburg.
Day 6: Full day to the Rheinfall and Stein am Rhein.
Day 7: Return transfer to Mulhouse for TGV to Paris and onward journey to Ebbsfleet and St Pancras.
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion.
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 49 passengers.
The 3-star Sonnenhof & Sonnhalde Hotel is set in a peaceful and idyllic location on the edge of the Black Forest town of Uhlingen-Birkendorf. Excellently located for this touring programme, the hotel offers a swimming pool and restaurant serving local food as well as good sized, simple rooms with private bathroom, TV, telephone and hairdyer.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
Enjoyed the holiday very much, the hotel was excellent and the excursions were well chosen. However,I felt that there was too much coach travel and this seemed a shame as there was such a good rail network in the area. I also think it's important to point out to potential travellers that when they are part of a group, some individual requests e.g. concerning meal times, cannot always be met and they cannot realistically expect the holiday to be governed by their personal preferences.