Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £699|
|Travel partner||Newmarket Holidays|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6731
Springtime Holland cruise - flexible travel options
- Return coach travel from your chosen pick-up point
- Five nights accommodation in a standard lower cabin (upgrade cabins available)
- Embark in Amsterdam
- A scenic cruise through the South Holland countryside
- A visit to Schoonhoven
- A call at Volendam
- A walking tour of Kinderdijk's windmills
- A tour of Rotterdam harbour
- Full-board arrangements whilst on board, including afternoon tea and evening snacks
- On-board English commentary
- Luggage porterage
- On-board entertainment including a captain's farewell dinner
- The services of a friendly, professional crew
- The services of a Newmarket cruise manager
- All prices are per person and based on two sharing
- Single cabins are available for a supplement
Join our coach before it boards the ferry to cross the Channel and head to join Olympia in Amsterdam. Board Olympia and settle in, enjoying your first dinner this evening.
This morning's optional canal cruise is a great way to discover the vibrant city of canals and cobblestones, with its Royal palace, renowned Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum, and countless cafes. Shortly after lunchtime, Olympia slips her moorings and cruises into the countryside of South Holland, arriving in Schoonhoven after dinner this evening.
See historic Schoonhoven, famed for its gold and silverware, celebrated in the town's museum. This afternoon, enjoy our included walking tour of the UNESCO-listed village of Kinderdijk, with its historic windmills. Later, Olympia sails on to the maritime city of Rotterdam, where on arrival you will take a tour of the harbour.
Join the optional morning excursion to the 'Golden Age' town of Delft - former home to painter Johannes Vermeer and famed for its distinctive ceramics - and visit its pottery factory. This afternoon, Olympia sails north to the Zuider Zee 'fishing village' of Volendam.
Wander the streets of Volendam - once trodden by the likes of Picasso and Renoir - this morning, and this afternoon take the optional excursion to the world-famous Keukenhof gardens. Have your camera at the ready to capture the sight of some seven million flowers carpeting the ground. Rejoin Olympia in the Zuider Zee port of Hoorn, before having a final dinner on board as you cruise back to Amsterdam.
Bid farewell to Olympia, and begin your coach journey back to the UK.
Modern, well-equipped Olympia offers all you could wish to ensure that you enjoy every moment of your Rhine cruise. Offering accommodation and dining facilities for just under a hundred passengers, the ship has a warm, intimate feeling about her the minute you step on board.