Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £669|
|Travel partner||Newmarket Holidays|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6731
Springtime Holland cruise by coach via Hull
This break features coach travel from a range of departure points in the north of England and overnight crossings on the P&O Ferries Hull service, so there's no long journey south to cross the Channel.
- Return coach travel from your chosen pick-up point
- Return overnight P&O Ferries crossings with accommodation in a two-berth inside cabin with private facilities
- Five nights accommodation in a standard lower cabin (upgrade cabins available)
- Embark in Amsterdam
- A scenic cruise through the South Holland countryside
- A visit to Schoonhoven
- A call at Volendam
- A walking tour of Kinderdijk's windmills
- A tour of Rotterdam harbour
- Full-board arrangements whilst on board, including afternoon tea and evening snacks
- On-board English commentary
- Luggage porterage
- On-board entertainment including a Captain's farewell dinner
- The services of a friendly, professional crew
- The services of a Newmarket cruise manager
- All prices are per person and based on two sharing.
- Single cabins are available for a supplement
Leaving the local area in the morning we travel to Hull for our overnight sailing to Rotterdam/Zeebrugge. Alternatively, make your own way to the port and meet the coach there before we begin our crossing.
Our cruise ferry arrives on the Continent in the morning, and we'll continue by coach to join Olympia in Amsterdam. Board Olympia and settle in, taking your first dinner on board.
This morning's optional canal cruise is a great way to discover the vibrant city of canals and cobblestones, with its imposing Royal palace, renowned Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum, and countless cafes. Shortly after lunchtime, Olympia slips her moorings and cruises into the countryside of South Holland, arriving in Schoonhoven after dinner this evening.
Discover historic Schoonhoven, famed for its gold and silverware, celebrated in the town's fascinating museum. This afternoon, enjoy our included walking tour of the UNESCO-listed village of Kinderdijk, with its historic windmills. Later, Olympia sails on to the maritime city of Rotterdam, where, on arrival you will enjoy a tour of the harbour.
Join the optional morning excursion to the 'Golden Age' town of Delft and visit its renowned pottery factory, former home to painter Johannes Vermeer, and famed for its distinctive ceramics. This afternoon, Olympia sails north to the Zuider Zee 'fishing village' of Volendam.
Wander the streets of Volendam this morning - once trodden by the likes of Picasso and Renoir - and this afternoon take the optional excursion to the world famous Keukenhof gardens. Have your camera at the ready to capture the sight of some seven million flowers carpeting the ground. Rejoin Olympia in the Zuider Zee port of Hoorn, before taking a final dinner on board as you cruise back to Amsterdam.
Bid Farewell to Olympia, and begin your journey home as you return to Rotterdam/Zeebrugge and board the overnight P&O Ferries sailing back to Hull.
Our ship arrives in Hull in the morning, and once back in the UK, we'll make our way to the local area by coach.
MS Olympia with Overnight Ferry
Modern, well-equipped Olympia offers all you could wish to ensure that you enjoy every moment of your Rhine cruise. Offering accommodation and dining facilities for just under a hundred passengers, the ship has a warm, intimate feeling about her the minute you step on board.