Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £449|
|Travel partner||Newmarket Holidays|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6731
Amsterdam and bulbfields cruise - By coach via Hull
Discover the world's most famous flower gardens, the canals and cobblestones of Amsterdam, and the historic fishing villages on the surrounding 'polder land'. With calls in Volendam and Zaandam , and a visit to Keukenhof gardens included.
This break features coach travel from a range of departure points in the north of England and overnight crossings on the P&O Ferries Hull service, so there's no long journey south to cross the Channel.
- Return coach travel from your chosen pick-up point
- Return overnight P&O Ferries crossing with accommodation in a two-berth inside cabin with private facilities
- Three nights accommodation in a standard lower cabin (upgrade cabins available)
- Full-board arrangements while on board, including afternoon tea, coffee and cake, and late-night snacks
- Calls at Volendam and Zaandam
- A half-day excursion to the renowned Keukenhof Gardens
- On-board English commentary
- On-board entertainment including a welcome cocktail party
- Luggage porterage
- The services of a friendly, professional crew
- The services of a Newmarket Cruise Manager
- All prices are per person and based on two sharing
Leaving the local area in the morning we travel to Hull for our overnight sailing to Rotterdam/Zeebrugge. Alternatively, make your own way to the port and meet the coach there before we begin our crossing.
Our cruise ferry arrives on the Continent in the morning, and we'll continue by coach to join Olympia in Amsterdam. This evening, enjoy dinner before the ship slips her moorings and makes the short journey out into the Markermeer, mooring overnight in the former fishing village and artists' retreat of Volendam.
Wander the streets of Volendam before cruising across the inland sea to Lelystad. This afternoon's optional excursion takes in the garden city of Apeldoorn and the former Dutch royal residence the Het Loo Palace, before Olympia heads back across the Markermeer to Zaandam, where Tsar Peter the Great once lived disguised as a humble ship-builder, and whose windmills and colourful houses were once subjects for impressionist Claude Monet.
This morning's included excursion is to the Keukenhof gardens, where some seven-million flowers carpet the ground. Perhaps stop in one of the restaurants and cafes, or take a boat ride (payable locally) through the gardens. Rejoin Olympia in Amsterdam, and spend a final afternoon and evening on board or join our optional Amsterdam canal cruise - perhaps the best way to see the sights of the city.
Bid Farewell to Olympia, and begin your journey home as you return to Rotterdam/Zeebrugge and board the overnight P&O Ferries' sailing back to Hull.
Our ship arrives in Hull in the morning, and once back in the UK, we'll make our way to the local area by coach.
MS Olympia with Overnight Ferry
Modern, well-equipped Olympia offers all you could wish to ensure that you enjoy every moment of your Rhine cruise. Offering accommodation and dining facilities for just under a hundred passengers, the ship has a warm, intimate feeling about her the minute you step on board.