Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £659|
|Travel partner||Newmarket Holidays|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6731
Rhine and the Black Forest cruise by coach via Dover
- Return coach travel from your chosen pick-up point Embark in Cologne, disembark in Strasbourg
- Five nights' accommodation in a standard lower cabin (upgrade cabins available)
- Full-board arrangements while on board, including afternoon tea, coffee and cake, and late-night snacks
- A Cruise through the Rhine Gorge and Middle Rhine to Rudesheim
- Calls in Andernach, Speyer, Strasbourg and Breisach
- A tour of the Black Forest and its capital Freiburg
- On-board English commentary
- On-board entertainment including a welcome cocktail party and a Captain's Farewell Dinner
- Luggage porterage
- The services of a friendly, professional crew
- The services of a Newmarket cruise manager
- All prices are per person and based on two sharing.
- Single cabins are available for a supplement
Travel by coach from your selected pick-up point, cross the Channel, and continue to join Olympia in the Rhineland capital. Enjoy dinner and your first evening on board, before Olympia sets sail for Andernach.
You'll have time to explore the historic riverside town of Andernach this morning, before Olympia sails south through the Rhine Gorge. Passing beneath the Lorelei you'll head to to Rudesheim. This afternoon, join our optional excursion to see the wonders of Siegfried's Musikkabinett and enjoy a wine tasting before you explore the town's narrow streets, the most celebrated of which is the Drosselgasse.
Early risers will notice Olympia leave the moorings before breakfast, heading to a lunchtime appointment in Mannheim. Join the optional excursion to Heidelberg, the 'Student Prince' city, and explore the twisting streets and lanes of one of Europe's most romantic settings, before re-joining the Olympia in Speyer.For those staying on board, cruise with the Olympia to Speyer, once one of the most important cities in the Holy Roman Empire.
Around breakfast time, today, Olympia arrives in Plittersdorf. From here, an optional excursion offers the chance to visit to the elegant spa town of Baden-Baden before rejoining Olympia in Strasbourg. In the afternoon, a second optional excursion brings the opportunity to discover Strasbourg, home to the European Parliament and the Council of Europe, where the narrow streets and medieval buildings of the Petite France quarter create a beguiling maze criss-crossed with canals.
Olympia arrives this morning in the quaint town of Breisach, from where you can join our included half-day excursion through the Black Forest. See Freiburg's red sandstone cathedral, and explore its Altstadt. This afternoon, you'll have time to enjoy Breisach - the views out over the forest region from atop its Gothic cathedral are lovely - before a Farewell Dinner on board in the company of the Captain and your fellow passengers.
Olympia ties up in Strasbourg this morning, from where you'll begin your return journey back to the UK.
Please note that the cruise departing on 26th October operates a reverse itinerary, sailing from Strasbourg to Cologne. All included calls and highlights remain the same although the days will change, and all pricing and optional excursions remain the same.
Modern, well-equipped Olympia offers all you could wish to ensure that you enjoy every moment of your Rhine cruise. Offering accommodation and dining facilities for just under a hundred passengers, the ship has a warm, intimate feeling about her the minute you step on board.