Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £599|
|Travel partner||Newmarket Holidays|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6731
Cruise the glorious Rhine by coach via Dover 2015
- Return coach travel from your chosen pick-up point
- Five nights' accommodation in a standard lower cabin (upgrade cabins available)
- Full-board arrangements while on board, including afternoon tea and evening snacks
- Embark in Andernach Disembark in Cologne
- A scenic cruise along the Middle Rhine
- A call at Boppard
- A walking tour of Boppard
- A call at Rudesheim
- Calls at Mainz, Koblenz and Cologne
- On-board English commentary
- On-board evening entertainment including a Welcome Cocktail Party and a Captain's farewell dinner
- Luggage porterage
- The services of a friendly, professional crew
- The services of a Newmarket cruise manager
- All prices are per person and based on two sharing.
- Single cabins are available for a supplement
Travel by coach from your selected pick-up point, cross the Channel, and continue to join Olympia in Andernach before beginning the journey along the Rhine this evening.
This morning Olympia sets sail from Andernach, heading to Boppard, in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage region of the Upper/Middle Rhine. Discover the town's Roman fort and historic quarter on our walking tour, and this evening, enjoy dinner and entertainment on board, or explore Boppard by night.
Today, Olympia sails into the Middle Rhine, past vineyards and ancient villages, and through the narrow gorge beneath the Lorelei - the legendary rock where sirens were said to have lured sailors to their fate. This afternoon, Olympia ties up in the wine town of Rudesheim. Explore its Drosselgasse, lined with bars and weinstuben (taverns), and perhaps join our optional excursion to see the quirky wonders of Siegfried's Musikkabinett. Enjoy dinner and entertainment on board this evening, or head back ashore.
Cruising south this morning, Olympia calls at historic Mainz. Join our optional walking tour and discover its six-towered cathedral, Gutenberg Museum and Altstadt (old town), before returning to Olympia for this afternoon's sailing back through the Rhine Gorge to Koblenz. Step ashore to stroll the Altstadt or along the riverfront promenade, before enjoying dinner and entertainment on board.
Olympia continues downriver, passing the town of Konigswinter and former German capital, Bonn, to arrive back in Cologne by early afternoon. Explore the great Rhineland capital, or join our coach excursion into the breathtaking Ahr Valley, before returning to Cologne to explore its vast cathedral and the surrounding Altstadt with a local guide. This evening, the Captain hosts a Farewell Dinner on board, and there's a chance to swap memories of the past wonderful few days with fellow passengers.
Leave Olympia and the Rhine behind this morning, and begin your return journey back to the UK.
Modern, well-equipped Olympia offers all you could wish to ensure that you enjoy every moment of your Rhine cruise. Offering accommodation and dining facilities for just under a hundred passengers, the ship has a warm, intimate feeling about her the minute you step on board.