Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £509|
|Travel partner||Newmarket Holidays|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6731
Springtime Holland cruise - coach via Dover
- Return coach travel from your chosen pick-up point
- Five nights accommodation in a standard lower cabin (upgrade cabins available)
- Embark in Amsterdam
- A cruise through the South Holland countryside
- A visit to Schoonhoven
- A call at Volendam
- A walking tour of Kinderdijk's windmills
- A tour of Rotterdam harbour
- Full-board arrangements whilst on board, including afternoon tea and evening snacks
- On-board English commentary
- Luggage porterage
- On-board entertainment including a Captain's farewell dinner
- The services of a friendly, professional crew
- The services of a Newmarket cruise manager
- All prices are per person and based on two sharing.
- Single cabins are available for a supplement
Travel by coach from your selected pick-up point, cross the Channel, and continue to join Olympia in Amsterdam. Settle in and have your first dinner on board.
This morning's optional canal cruise is a great way to discover the vibrant city of canals and cobblestones, with its imposing Royal palace, renowned Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum, and countless cafes. Shortly after lunchtime, Olympia slips her moorings and cruises into the countryside of South Holland, arriving in Schoonhoven after dinner this evening.
Discover historic Schoonhoven, famed for its gold and silverware, celebrated in the town's museum. This afternoon, enjoy our included walking tour of the UNESCO-listed village of Kinderdijk, with its historic windmills. Later, Olympia sails on to the maritime city of Rotterdam, where, on arrival, you will have a tour of the harbour.
Join the optional morning excursion to the beguiling 'Golden Age' town of Delft - former home to painter Johannes Vermeer and famed for its distinctive ceramics - and visit its renowned pottery factory. This afternoon, Olympia sails north to the Zuider Zee 'fishing village' of Volendam.
Wander the streets of Volendam this morning - once trodden by the likes of Picasso and Renoir - and this afternoon take the optional excursion to the world-famous Keukenhof gardens. Have your camera at the ready to capture the sight of some seven million flowers carpeting the ground. Rejoin Olympia in the Zuider Zee port of Hoorn, before taking a final dinner on board as you cruise back to Amsterdam.
Bid farewell to Olympia, and begin your return journey back to the UK.
Modern, well-equipped Olympia offers all you could wish to ensure that you enjoy every moment of your Rhine cruise. Offering accommodation and dining facilities for just under a hundred passengers, the ship has a warm, intimate feeling about her the minute you step on board.