Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £489|
|Travel partner||Newmarket Holidays|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6731
Amsterdam and bulbfields cruise by air
Discover the world's most famous flower gardens, the canals and cobblestones of Amsterdam, and the historic fishing villages on the surrounding 'polder land'. With calls in Volendam and Zaandam on the reclaimed Markermeer, and a visit to famous Keukenhof gardens included, plus the chance to see royal Het Loo palace.
- Return flights from selected local airports to Amsterdam
- Return airport-to-Olympia coach transfers
- Three nights accommodation in a standard lower cabin (upgrade cabins available)
- Full-board arrangements while on board, including afternoon tea, coffee and cake, and late-night snacks
- Calls at Volendam and Zaandam
- A half-day excursion to the renowned Keukenhof gardens
- On-board English commentary
- On-board entertainment
- Luggage porterage
- The services of a friendly, professional crew
- The services of a Newmarket Cruise Manager
- All prices are per person and based on two sharing.
- Single cabins are available for a supplement
Fly to Amsterdam, and join Olympia in the Dutch capital. This evening, enjoy dinner before the ship slips away from the dock and makes the short journey out into the Markermeer, mooring overnight in the former fishing village and artists' retreat of Volendam.
Wander the streets of Volendam before cruising across the inland sea to Lelystad. This afternoon's optional excursion takes in the garden city of Apeldoorn and the former Dutch royal residence the Het Loo palace. Afterwards Olympia heads back across the Markermeer to Zaandam, where Tsar Peter the Great once lived disguised as a humble ship-builder, and whose windmills and colourful houses were once subjects for impressionist Claude Monet.
This morning's included excursion is to the Keukenhof gardens, where some seven million flowers carpet the ground. Perhaps stop in one of the restaurants and cafes, or take a boat ride (payable locally) through the gardens. Rejoin Olympia in Amsterdam, and spend a final afternoon and evening on board or join our optional Amsterdam canal cruise - perhaps the best way to see the sights of the city.
Bid farewell to Olympia, and return to the airport to check in for your flight home.
Modern, well-equipped Olympia offers all you could wish to ensure that you enjoy every moment of your Rhine cruise. Offering accommodation and dining facilities for just under a hundred passengers, the ship has a warm, intimate feeling about her the minute you step on board.
|Departure date||Departing point||Nights||Price|
|05-Apr-2015||Liverpool John Lennon||3||489.00||book|
|08-Apr-2015||Liverpool John Lennon||3||489.00||book|