Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £769|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
Basque Country of Spain and France
This tour takes in both the French and Spanish Basque regions, following the rugged Atlantic coastline from Bayonne and Saint-Jean-de-Luz over the border to San Sebastian, and inland to the elegant city of Vitoria-Gasteiz, exuberant Pamplona and the modern city of Bilbao, home of the futuristic Museo Guggenheim, which you will visit. Wherever you are, city or beach, green mountain slopes are always on the horizon, a constant reminder of the rugged, unspoilt charm of the region.
- Return Eurostar/TGV from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Hendaye via Paris with coach transfer in Paris
- 7 nights' accommodation on bed and breakfast basis at the 3-star Zarauz Hotel, Zarautz, based on shared occupancy of a twin room
- Dinner (set menu) at hotel on first evening with wine
- Return transfers from Hendaye to Zarautz and full coach touring programme as detailed in the itinerary conducted by a tour manager
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls
- Porterage and gratuities
Day 2: Full day tour to San Sebastian
Day 3: Full day tour to Biarritz, Bayonne and St Jean de Luz
Day 4: Full day tour to Pamplona and the Valle del Bidasoa
Day 5: Free day to explore Zarautz at your own leisure
Day 6: Full day tour to Vitoria-Gasteiz and Onati
Day 7: Full day tour to Bilbao and the Costa Vasca
Day 8: Transfer to Hendaye for return journey to St Pancras or Ebbsfleet via Paris
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion.
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 49 passengers.
The 3-star Zarauz Hotel is a traditional hotel dating from 1945 housed in a character villa close to the seafront. Facilities at the hotel include restaurant, bar, lounge and comfortable bedrooms with private bath/shower, TV, telephone and hairdryer.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
Very interesting tour giving an insight of the region and a chance to see several different places. It was the first time our guide had taken that tour but she had information from the previous guide to pass on regarding local restaurants, local buses, trains etc. for our free day.