Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £849|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
The largest island of this UNESCO World Heritage Site is Lipari, and this is where you will be based. You will stay at the Rocce Azzurre Hotel, which commands a panoramic position and a sea-view terrace restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean, and is walking distance from the town centre and main harbour. The hotel boasts free Wi-Fi and a private sun deck that practically floats on the sea, plus there is also a public beach next to the hotel.
Your days are free to either explore independently or join one of the reasonably priced local tours, which our representative can arrange for you. This is a fasinating, unique region of Italy, just waiting to be discovered.
- Return scheduled flights from London Gatwick to Catania including all applicable taxes.
- 7 nights’ accommodation on dinner (choice at each course), bed and breakfast basis at the 3-star Rocce Azzurre Hotel, based on shared occupancy of rear-facing twin/double room. Sea view/balcony rooms available at a supplement
- Transfers by coach and ferry/hydrofoil from Catania airport to hotel in Lipari
- Tour manager throughout stay in Sicily
- Holiday insurance
- Single room supplement
- Room supplements: Sea view no balcony £50 per person, Sea view & balcony £100 per person, Junior suite £175 per person (oversized room with sitting area, sea view, balcony and Jacuzzi bath)
- Optional tours. Tours vary according to length of boat transfer but typically cost between EUR15 and EUR30 paid locally
Days 2-7: Days free for personal exploration, travelling by local ferry or join one of our reasonably-priced optional tours of Lipari or to Vulcano, Stromboli, Panarea, Salina, Alicudi and Filicudi.
Day 8: Transfer by ferry/hydrofoil and coach to Catania for return flight to London Gatwick.
Please note: On arrival into Catania airport you are transferd by coach to Milazzo which takes approx. 2 hours, followed by a ferry/hydofoil which will take approx. 1 hour 30 minutes to reach Lipari port. On arrival you will transfer on foot to the hotel (your bags will be transported by a small minivan).
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 30 passengers.
The friendly, family-run 3-star Rocce Azzurre Hotel enjoys a wonderful location overlooking the sea yet only a few minutes pleasant walk from the charming old town of Lipari. The walk is about 400 metres up a slight hill and there is no other way to get from the port to the hotel (though baggage is taken in a minivan). This walk has to be undertaken to join all the excursions to other islands.
Facilities at this typically Sicilian hotel include terrace and restaurant with spectacular sea views, attractive and charming public areas including bar and indoor dining area and sunbathing/swimming platform. Rooms are comfortable and spotlessly maintained with private shower, TV and telephone. Many have sea-view and/or balcony, bookable at a reasonable supplement.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
Long day travelling, thought there must be a shorter route. Tullio the tour manager was excellent. His kindness and understanding towards some memebers of the tour with difficulties were impressive as were his sense of humour and patience.
This was a most enjoyable holiday - thank you.
Mrs A Miller
t was all thoroughly enjoyable - the tour manager was excellent throughout and the hotel staff were all friendly and considerate.
Mrs D Hanlon