Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £999|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
Italian Riviera by rail
Tour highlights include the chic seaside resort of Santa Margherita, achingly beautiful Portofino - playground of the rich and famous, the historic port of Genova, famed as the birthplace of Columbus, the pretty seafront village of Cervo, Alassio and the market at Ventimiglia. An added bonus is a trip over the border into the principality of Monaco.
- Return Eurostar/TGV from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Nice via Lille/Paris with coach transfer in Paris
- 7 nights' accommodation on dinner (set meal), bed and breakfast basis at the 4-star Torino Hotel in Diano Marina, based on shared occupancy of a twin room
- Return transfers from Nice to Diano Marina and full coach touring programme as detailed in the itinerary
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls.
- Porterage and gratuities
PLEASE NOTE: As with most trains, passengers are responsible for carrying baggage onto and off the train. Baggage can be stored on overhead shelves or at the entrance to the carriages.Trollies are available at St Pancras and Lille, but bags do need to be carried on to the platform.
Day 2: Full day free in Diano Marina to relax and enjoy the hotel's facilities.
Day 3: Full day tour to the historic city of Genoa.
Day 4:Full day tour to Monaco.
Day 5: Morning tour to Ventimiglia to visit the market with afternoon free in Diano Marina.
Day 6: Full day tour to Portofino and Santa Margherita
Day 7: Relaxing final day to Cervo and Alassio with farewell lunch at typical local restaurant
Day 8: Transfer to Nice station for TGV to Paris and onwards by Eurostar to St Pancras or Ebbsfleet.
NB: Order of excursions may vary according to local conditions, market day in Ventimiglia (Friday) and tour manager's discretion.
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 49 passengers.
The 4-star Hotel Torino has been rated tripadvisor's number one hotel in Diano Marina, and is a wonderful place for a relaxing and comfortable tour. Facilities here include swimming pool (seasonal opening), fitness centre, bar, restaurant serving excellent local cuisine included each evening, spacious grounds and very comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms with private bath/shower, TV, telephone, safe and minibar, most with a balcony.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
Quality of hotel was excellent. Very good accommodation and service, with superb food.
Wonderful hotel with cheerful, friendly, attentive staff; extremely good tour driver. An excellent trip.
Mrs M Dunn
A perfect holiday,
Mr M Ward