Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £769|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
Dordogne by rail
On this wonderful tour you will visit some of the highlights of this delightful region including Sarlat, Domme, Beynac, the replica Lascaux II prehistoric caves, and the spectacular Rocamadour.
The tour is based at the Les Roches Hotel in Les Eyzies located in the heart of the Perigord Noir. This hotel provides an excellent base to explore the Dordogne and cuts down significantly (from previous years) on transfer times between sights visited.
- Return Eurostar and SNCF fast train from St Pancras/Ebbsfleet to Angouleme via Lille
- 6 nights' accommodation on bed and breakfast basis at 3-star Les Roches Hotel, Les Eyzies, based on shared occupancy of a twin room
- Dinner (set menu) at local restaurant on first and last night
- Transfers and full coach touring itinerary including entrance fees as detailed above conducted by tour manager
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls.
- Porterage and gratuities.
Day 2: Our theme today is prehistoric man we visit Les Eyzies, Lascaux II and Rouffignac.
Day 3: Full day tour to Beynac, La Roque Gageac and Domme.
Day 4: Full day tour to Perigueux, Bergerac and Monbazillac.
Day 5: Free day in Les Eyzies to explore at your own leisure.
Day 6: Full day tour to Sarlat and Rocamadour. Farewell dinner.
Day 7: Transfer to Angouleme station for return SNCF fast train to Lille and onwards to St Pancras or Ebbsfleet.
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion.
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 49 passengers.
The 3-star Les Roches Hotel is located in the heart of the Perigord Noir in Les Eyzies and offers a bar, swimming pool and gardens, and comfortable bedrooms with private bath/shower, TV, telephone, safe and hairdryer.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
This was an excellent holiday, well -organized and with interesting visits which had historic detail explained in detail by our knowledgeable tour guide Gill. Great coach and driver for the visits too. Hotel staff were brilliant, as were the staff in the local restaurant.
excellent organisation, a truly professional tour guide, a wonderful group of fellow travellers. Highly recommended. Now discussing our next holiday with Travel Editions!!!
Mrs J Powell