Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £799|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
Jura Mountains by Rail
Highlights of our tour, from our base at the lakeside village of Malbuisson include Besancon, dominated by its medieval citadel, Ornans, the Vallee de la Loue, Arc et Senans, Arbois, the abbey at Baume les Messieurs and into Switzerland to the historic lakeside town of Neuchatel.
- Return Eurostar/TGV from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Besancon via Paris including transfer in Paris
- 6 nights' accommodation on dinner, bed and breakfast basis at 3-star Hotel Le Lac, Malbuisson
- Transfers and full coach touring itinerary as detailed, conducted by tour manager
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier/1st Class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls etc
- Porterage and gratuities
(for departure/arrival times please hover your mouse over the departure dates on the left of this page)
On arrival transfer by coach under tour manager's direction to hotel for check in for 6-night stay on dinner, bed and continental breakfast basis.
Day 2: Morning tour of Besancon including the Citadel with afternoon tour to Ornans and the Vallee de la Loue.
Day 3: Full day tour to Baume-les-Messieurs, Nozeroy and Chateau Challon.
Day 4: Full day to relax at your own leisure in Malbuisson and around the lake.
Day 5: Full day tour to Arc-et-Senans and Arbois.
Day 6: Full day tour to Chateau de Joux and Neuchatel.
Day 7: Morning free before transfer to Besancon for return TGV to Paris and onwards by Eurostar to Ebbsfleet or St Pancras.
NB: Exact order of itinerary of this tour may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion.
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 49 passengers.
Located on the edge of a pretty lake, the family owned 3-star Hotel Le Lac offers comfortable accommodation in a typical Jura setting. Facilities at this charming characterful hotel include bar, restaurant, neighbouring Restaurant du Fromage (where dinner is taken on one night) and cosy bedrooms with private bath/shower, TV and telephone.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
A very good tour indeed. We didn't take the optional half day tour as we needed a rest and relaxation day,but it was greatly enjoyed by those who went. a lovely setting at Malbuisson in a delightful area