Your holiday summary
|Price range||From £749|
|Travel partner||Travel Editions|
Need help with your booking?
0330 333 6761
Brittany by rail
This rewarding tour will give you a taste of the real Breton character from ancient sites such as Neolithic Carnac, typical towns including Dinan and Dinard, majestic castles like Combourg and Normandy’s Mont Saint-Michel and dramatic scenery, the pink cliffs of the Cote de Granit Rose being of particular note. Based in the lively regional capital Rennes, your lovely central hotel is housed in the old printworks of the Ouest France newspaper.
- Return Eurostar and TGV from St Pancras or Ebbsfleet to Rennes via Paris/Lille including transfer in Paris
- 6 nights' accommodation on bed and breakfast basis at the 4-star Mercure Rennes Centre
- Transfers and full coach touring itinerary as detailed above conducted by tour manager
- Tour manager throughout
- Single room supplement
- Holiday insurance
- Standard Premier / 1st class upgrade on Eurostar/TGV. On the Eurostar this constitutes upgraded seating and light meal with complimentary drink with upgraded seating only on the French railway leg.
- Meals other than those stated
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone calls.
- Porterage and gratuities.
PLEASE NOTE: As with most trains, passengers are responsible for carrying baggage onto and off the train. Baggage can be stored on overhead shelves or at the entrance to the carriages. Trollies are available at St Pancras and Paris, but bags do need to be carried on to the platform.
Day 2: Full day to Carnac and Vannes.
Day 3: Full day tour to Mont-Saint-Michel and Fougères.
Day 4: Free day to relax and explore Rennes at your own leisure.
Day 5: Full day tour to Dinan, Dinard, and St Malo.
Day 6: Full day tour to Côte de Granit Rose, Paimpol and Tréguier.
Day 7: Travel by TGV from Rennes to Lille and onwards by Eurostar to Ebbsfleet and St Pancras.
NB: Exact order of itinerary may vary according to local conditions and tour manager's discretion.
Please note the maximum group size on this tour is 49 passengers.
The hotel sits on a quiet street in the very heart of Rennes, just a few minutes’ walk from both the train station and the city’s historic centre. Hotel rooms are spacious and bright, offering a private bathroom with bath and hairdryer, air-conditioning, television, WIFI and minibar. The hotel also has a breakfast room and a bar that serves light meals.
This holiday is booked by phone. Click 'book now' to make a reservation request to our travel partner who will call you back to confirm your booking details and take payment. To speak to a representative now please call 0330 333 6761.
Good guide, very knowledgeable, witty and intelligent. The hotel was ideal, the food was variable in quality and service was average. Would i use TE again, yes!
Mr B O'Toole